No one can be a better friend than your sibling. They will always tell the truth to you, and criticize you when needed. At the end of the day, they are always there for you. If you have an older sister, you are truly blessed.
Older sisters make sure you are always safe. They want your happiness more than anything is this world, and they aren’t afraid to tell you if you’re wrong. You two have your inside jokes, and you can understand each other by only a look.
As per experts, a conflict between sisters makes their relationship even stronger. According to Robert Williams, a psychologist, the relationship between sisters changes over time.
First, when they are young, they see each other as competitors and rivals. However, as time passes and they get older, they bond and realize how lucky they are they have each other.
Here’s why you should be thankful for having an older sister:
- She’s always here for you and that is never going to change. You have your life-long best friend.
- She will give you the best advice, since she has more experience than you or your friends who are your age.
- She makes the best aunt for your kids. She’ll love and spoil them like no one.
- Even though sometimes you can’t seem to reveal our true emotions in front of your friends and you feel as you have to put on a mask, you don’t have to do that in front of your sister. She knows you best and you can always talk to her about your problems.
- You can borrow her clothes. Fashion trends come back all the time, so you can always ask your sister to borrow you that awesome dress of hers.
- If you are the second child, chances are, your parents won’t be as strict to you as they were with your sister. Parents are always more stressed and paranoid with their firstborn.
- Your older sister knows what you are going through, since she went through that herself.
- She will cover for you whenever you need her to, and she always has your back.
- A sister’s love is huge, and so is her forgiveness. So, if you make a mistake and have a fight with her, it won’t take long for her to forgive you. That’s the power of her unconditional love.
- She helps you grow up. Parents are afraid that their children grow up very fast, and they always treat you like a kid, but siblings are here to answer all of your questions, and teach you new things.
- When you fight with your parents, your older sister will always help you, and try to explain to your parents your point of view.
- You can always trust your older sister. She will never reveal your secrets.
- You have to admit your best memories are with your sister. You’ve had your childhood vacations, your nights out partying, your late-night talks, and a lifetime more to come.