Dating is a challenging game, and we are all attracted by different types of people. A lot of experts have tried to explain the essence of attraction. But, it’s hard to explain it. It’s hard to explain the attraction we develop for some people.
Some of you would gladly spend their time with a highly intelligent person rather than going out with a sexy person. If you are attracted to a brainiac, you are something experts call, “sapiosexual.”
The word “sapiosexual” was first used in 1998.
“I don’t care too much about the plumbing. I want an incisive, inquisitive, insightful, irreverent mind. I want someone for whom philosophical discussion is foreplay. I want someone who sometimes makes me go ‘ouch’ due to their wit and evil sense of humor.
I want someone that I can reach out and touch randomly. I want someone I can cuddle with.”
This helped a lot of people identify their preferences. If you go to a dating cite, you’d see that “sapiosexual” is listed as an official sexual orientation. Sapio, a dating app, was launched, and they claim to be the only dating app “to put intelligence at the forefront” of a dating game.
Dr. Diana Rabb has something to say about sapiosexuals.
“Those who admit to being sapiosexual will say that they are turned on by the brain, and tend to be teased or excited by the insights of another person. This means the person who you are attracted to might have a tendency to have an incisive, inquisitive, and an irreverent mind.
As foreplay, the sapiosexual person may crave philosophical, political or psychological discussions, because this turns them on … This intellectual synergy simply fires up the relationship. This is often seen in the workplace and may be viewed as another aspect of being sapiosexual—that is, a desire to be connected with intellectuals.”
If you keep making the same mistake over and over again, maybe you should date an intelligent person.
10 signs that you are a sapiosexual
1. You need to know your partner well. Their intelligence amazes you, and this happens long before you develop feelings for that person. Love at first sign is not a real thing for you.
2. Your family and friends say you are too picky. They have hard time understanding that you can’t open your heart to anyone.
3. People become more attractive after a while. This happens after you get to know them.
4. You are a fan of deep conversations. No small talk for you.
5. You notice someone’s physical appearance, but it’s not the most important thing about that person. You are more focused on their intellect. Intelligent people are sexy. Simple as that.
6. Your listening skills are amazing. You like to listen to other people’s fantasies, dreams or plans. Everything about their life is interesting. You listen to their theories, superstitions, religious views and philosophy. You find that attractive.
7. You are a Grammar Nazi. You can’t be with someone who keeps making the same grammatical mistakes. Slang words? Not in your dictionary. You enjoy reading grammatically correct texts. Face-to-face conversations are your favorite.
8. Your partner’s bank account is none of your business and you don’t really pay attention to someone’s car.
9. You always try to learn something new. That’s how you feed your soul. You are always into new adventures and challenges.
10. Empathy. Your emotional intelligence has reached incredible levels. You enjoy the company of people who know how to move on and transform their pain into motivation.
Being sapiosexual is great. You’d have a really great time getting to know someone nice. You will really enjoy the long conversations. Every day will feel like an adventure to you.